Starting in 2012 and every year thereafter, the FPOA will award college scholarships to children of FPOA members from its Charities Fund. The scholarships not only help our members pay for the ever-increasing costs of higher education, they also serve as a way to honor the academic achievements of some of our brightest students.
- Be the child or dependent child of a FPOA member.
- Be a high school senior, GED recipient or graduate at the time of application.
- Not have been convicted of a crime and must be under 21 years of age.
- Individual must show proof of enrollment in a minimum of 12 hours of college courses at an accredited college or university at the time and in the year the award is presented. If proof of enrollment is not provided by the start of the fall semester in the same year of the scholarship, it will be forfeited and the next eligible applicant will be considered.
- The FPOA member must be in good standing for two consecutive years If they have been a member for less than two years, then the FPOA Board of Directors will vote for approval.
- FPOA encourages all eligible students to both apply and reapply if previously accepted or not. A FPOA scholarship can be awarded to the same individual a maximum of four times.
- To find out more about the application requirements and submitting a completed application, download the FPOA Scholarship Application form below. The deadline to apply for a scholarship for the 2021-2022 school year is Tuesday, May 31 by 5:00 pm. Recipients will be selected and then awarded the scholarship on a date and location TBD in June.